Recipe for azuki bean burgers in our easy vegetarian recipes collection.
- 1 cup azuki beans
- Bay leaf
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Beaten egg, for binding
- Wholewheat flour, for coating
How to make azuki bean burgers
- Soak the azuki beans overnight.
- Drain, then cook until tender in fresh water with a bay leaf added.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Fry the onion and garlic in oil until transparent.
- Add the carrot and lemon juice and sweat, covered, until soft.
- Add the beans, mix well and puree in a blender, adding a little of the bean liquor if necessary to form a malleable consistency.
- Stir in the parsley, season and add soy sauce to taste.
- Stir in enough beaten egg to bind.
- Form into balls or burgers.
- Coat with flour and shallow fry until brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with homemade marinara sauce.