Recipe for autumn glory in our easy vegetarian recipes collection.
- 2 pounds pumpkin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-inch piece fresh root ginger
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounces can chopped tomatoes
- 3 ounces pasta shells
- l 1/4 cups stock
- 4 tablespoons fromage frais
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to make autumn glory
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin with a large, sharp knife and scoop out and discard the pumpkin seeds.
- Using a small sharp knife and a sturdy tablespoon, cut and scrape out as much flesh from the pumpkin shell as possible, then chop the flesh into rough chunks.
- Bake the pumpkin with its lid on for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the inside begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Gently fry the onion, ginger and pumpkin flesh in the olive oil for about 10 minutes, stirring the mixture occasionally.
- Add the sliced courgette and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes, pasta shells and stock.
- Season well, bring to the boil, then cover the pan and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the fromage frais and basil into the pasta and spoon the mixture into the pumpkin.
- It may not be possible to fit all the filling into the pumpkin shell, so serve the rest of the mixture filling separately if necessary.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe, feel free to submit your feedback here.